"I love this cute grandma."

"I love this cute grandma."

Wednesday, June 16, 2010

19 Days until Hong Kong


Here is the email that I received this morning. I actually was able to see him yesterday at the hematologist. If I do say so myself, he is so dang cute! I think what is so difficult for me right now is just knowing that he is physically not feeling well. For the remaining 3 weeks Jeffrey will be getting his blood drawn 3 time a week. I will keep you updated. You can tell by his email that his spirits are up, he has a great desire to serve and to learn. He is ready to go, he just wants to feel better. Please keep him in your prayers. I know they help. He and his companion started talking in Cantonese yesterday and I was so impressed. For all I know, they were making jokes about me. I felt like I do when I go get my nails done. Not that I get my nails done often. Maybe 2 times a year, just saying.....

Dear Family and Friends,
" the lord did not people the earth with a vibrant orchestra of personalities to value the picolos of the world. every instrument is precious and adds the complex beauty of the symphony. All of heavenly fathers childer are different in some degree, yet each has his own beautiful sound that adds depth and richness to the whole" -Elder Wirthlin
-How true is this. we are all so different but can bring so much to this world. not one of us is alike and we need to love everyone for who they are not what they do and how they act. We need to look for the best in EVERYONE>
We all make mistakes:
The question is not whether we will trip and fall, but rather how we will respond and react?
How do you react and respond could you handle it in a more christlike way? Before you act think to yourself how would christ want me to handle this situation? Really think about it.
Dram near to him and he will draw near to you, for he has a promised that they that wait upon the lord shall renew their strength: they shall mount up with wings as eagles: they shall run and not be weary; and the shall walk and not faint.
DRAW NEAR TO HIM, GET TO KNOW HIM SO HE CAN GET TO KNOW YOU!
Control your thoughts because they become the words you use.
Control your words because they become the actions you preform.
Control your actions because they become the habits you aquire.
Control your habits because they become the character you reflect.
Control your character because your character becomes your destiny.
Control your destiny by becoming what your Heavenly Father and Savior Jesus Christ want you to be!
Have i dont any good in the world today?
Have i helped anyone in need?
Have i cheered up the sad and made some feel glad?
IF NOT I HAVE FAILED INDEED!
Has anyones burden been lighter today
Because i was willing to share?
Have the sick and the wearly been helped on their way?
When they need my help WAS I THERE?
Ask yourself these questions daily, it starts with you. You need to be the change of someones life. You need to change your life so you can change others. You need to share your talents and love that Heavenly has given you. By giving and sharing your talents you will show him how grateful you are for all that he has given unto you. If you dont you arent showing him anything, you are making him feel dissapointed, he could have given them to someone else so they would indeed share with those in need.
Four simple things:
1. prayer
2. daily scripture study
3. obedience to follow the commandments
4. Commit to follow our prophets
Now let us remember the words of alma: That by small and simple things are great things brought to pass."
How easy is that and great will be your reward.
Right now all you young men at this time in your life, a mission call from the lord is the most important work you can do. PREPARE NOW., live righteously, learn from your friends, family, and church leaders, and come join ME in building the kingdom god desires here on earth. Accept your diving appt " so great a cause "
All you young men right now need to prepare it was and is one of the biggest mistakes i have done in my life. You can never prepare enough for a mission. Your mission will change your entire life. Your life will be reflected upon your mission. If you want to have a successful mission prepare now. learn and grow in the gospel. have a strong testimony and be who your father in heaven wants you to be. PREPARE NOW. I promise you that if you do you will be blessed and you will be an amazing missionary, not only to young men but to future senior couples. We are in great need of senior couples. Prepare now. You mission like mine will change us into the men he wants us to be.
I love you all and miss you all. i hope that all is well back home and you are having an amazing summer. Eat a lot of good food for me, play hard, have fun, and choose the right.
Ask yourself this question.
ARE YOU ACTIVE OR FAITHFUL?
SO MANY OF YOU ARE ACTIVE LETS CHANGE THAT NOW AND BECOME FAITHFUL. LETS SHOW OUR LOVE TO HF AND JC BY GIVING IT OUR ALL AND SHOWING THEM WHO WE CAN BECOME AND WHAT WE CAN DO. LETS START CHANGING THE WORLD ONE STEP AT A TIME, IT STARTS WITH YOU.
LOVE YOU ALL ;-)
NGOH NGOI LEIH
-WAIH JEUNG LOH

No comments:

Post a Comment