"I love this cute grandma."

"I love this cute grandma."

Friday, July 8, 2011

Importance of the Book of Mormon

From: Jeffrey Romney Wright
To: Jolene Wright
Sent: Wednesday, July 6, 2011 8:35 PM
Subject: weekly email

Hello From CHINA! Today is a great day, I'm sitting in Kwun Tong, with Elder Liu visiting all of our best friends. It's been a great day so far and we have a lot more visits to go! I have a quick email this week, so at the beginning of this week I decided I need to re-read the Book of Mormon, so that I could become more familiar with the stories and passages in it. It's amazing how everytime I read it, I come across something new. The first verse talks about goodly parents, this reminded me and kept me thinking about how grateful I am for my parents and all they have done for me, and what they continue to do for me. Then the verse that hit me most recently was, 1 Nephi Chapter 1:12 . "And it came to pass that as he read, he was filled with the Spirit of the Lord." This verse has never hit me as hard as it did this week. Something so simple, but so complex, at the same time. All we need to do is read, and it's then they ( we ) will be filled with the spirit! So all our investigators, all they need to do is read and it's then that they will be truely converted. It's so simple, but yet so complex and so deep. The Book of Mormon is the true book on the earth today, and many of us do not keep the commandmnents by reading it everyday. Why don't you read it everyday? What's holding you back? This is in english 531 pages or in chinese 667 pages of straight answers. Answers to YOUR salvation. As we visited the oldest member in Hong Kong at the age of 101 years old, I came to ask him, what is the most important thing he's ever done in his life? His answer, " I have read the Book of Mormon everyday since I was baptized, and I encourage all to do it, it is the only way to receive all the blessings that Heavenly Father has in store for you!" Do you want answers, this book is a map to you salvation, can answer any question that you have or ever will have, but it's up to you and how you decide to use your agency!
Much love,
Elder Wright

No comments:

Post a Comment