"I love this cute grandma."

"I love this cute grandma."

Thursday, September 9, 2010

I want you to eat cow liver for my birthday!

rom: Jeffrey Romney Wright
Subject: Msai Msai Msai
To: "Jolene Wright"
Date: Thursday, September 9, 2010, 4:08 AM

Dear Family and Friends,

A mothers divine love for her children is the strongest love on this earth today. A mothers love can bring a wayward child back to a good life, give him a sense of direction and let him know hes made mistakes in life, but she teaches him and loves him even more for those mistakes hes made. A mothers love can change the lives of her children and if used properly can impact not just her children, but thousands of heavenly fathers children. As my mothers love has done this for me. I'd first like to start by telling everyone I have the most amazing mother. She truely is my best friend. We have grown through the trials we've been given. Over the past few years we have become closer and closer each day. It has been such a blessing. She has taught me the meaning of life and so much more. When I think of christ like love the first thing that comes to my head is my mom, she loves everyone and accepts everyone for who they are and makes everyone her best friend, no matter what. Her sense of charity and service are unbeatable, she gives all that she has, even if it means we are to go into debt, she'll do it. Shes always so willing to give her all to make everyone else happy. I am so thankful that I can call her my mom and what a privledge that it is. I want to wish her the Happiest Birthday this coming week. MOM, I love you more than anything. Love you! Maybe i'll eat a piece of.............cow liver? chicken feet? pig testicles? for you on your birthday! YOU CHOOSE haha! love you mom!

News From the Front Lines:
1. Hectic start, at the beginning of the week we realized that all the missionaries in our apartment had tons of bug bites. 2 of 4 of us had over 100 plus bites. (never seen anything like it ) so we prayed to find out that all of our mattresses were filled with thousand of termites and huge fleas and leaches and centipedes and all sorts of crazy insects. So to say the least, it was quite the start and on top of it, to start the day it was 90 degrees with 100% humity. hahah we were lovin life! No a/c, no problems. We can just sweat to death. It was a blast I was laughing the whole time. We have two chinese elders and they hate heat and won't get near bugs, so needless to say when I threw them ( the bugs ) towards them they screamed and ran so fast. it was great.
2. The most spiritaul expierence so far in my mssion. We had 24 hour exchanges. I stayed in my area, but Elder Madux from my mtc younger district, came to be my companions. Hes way tight. It started on monday night, we decided to pick up the area book that elder lee and i have done a few times and make calls, elder lee and I have never got one answer. But we started with a prayer, we had faith in each other and started calling. EVERY SINGLE PERSON ANSWERED. Not only did they answer, they wanted to be scheduled and said they are ready for the gospel in their lives now. So thats just what we did. We scheduled them. In the morning, we met with a former investigator names " sofunny " ( dont ask how she got the name i dont get it haha ) she was a character. She treated us to a " yam cha " which is like a huge chinese breakfast, better than anything in america. As we were eating we taught her and her husband ( both in their 60s ) the first few lessons they had tons of questions and the miracle was they were receptive and we could answer all those questions and understand them in cantonese with my two months here and his 2 weeks here. Unheard of, but we did it with HF help. Gave bapt dates. and they accepted.WOW> Then we went contacting until the next lesson. We ran into a man and his wife. They came to us and said " Theres a light with you two and we want to know al,l" that never happens, no one ever comes up to you in Hong KOng, unless they are a mental crazy ( and theres a lot of crazies no joke ) scheduled him and his wife. Teaching them next week. Unreal. Kaylee and Mr Wong are the last lesson for the day until exchanges are over. This is the big one. She was taught in 2004 once by sisters and hated it, kicked them out. So before we left I had the immpression to get my oil and this paticular dvd and though I had to be crazy, both of us barely speak cantonese and it will be quite a challenge to teach her, let alone give a blessing. Her house is 50 minutes away and we had no idea where we were going, so we prayed, and hf helped us to know what bus station to get off. We walked around and finaly found her house through this massive jungle. Started by introducing ourselves and getting to know them. Then we showed her the dvd, she loved it. Then we had the impression to share our testimonies to her. She was pretty uneasy about it, so I said whats holding you back, what are you feeling right now. To find out she doesn feel good because shes not happy with life and then the spirit tells me to give a blessing NOW you crazy. I can't speak, let alone barely order a freakin bowl of rice... says it again. I say okay, I can't tell you what I said, but I can tell you the spirit was so strong and that so many miracles happed right then and everyone was bawling. That if You want miracles you need to live your life accordingly. You need to pick your game up right now. You can all have miracles if you live accordingly. Have faith never doubt and give it your all. I'll keep you updated with Kaylee and her Husband. UNbelieveable. Might I add a huge part of this was companionship. The difference to me was dramatic. I learned so much from both of them and know that elder lee is here to teach me about the culture and patience for the future, more than anything else. Trust hf knows what hes doing and always be looking for what you can learn wherever you are, at anytime anyday.

If we dont not have a deep foundation of faith and a siolid testimony of truth we may have difficult withstanding the harsh storms and icy winds of the adversity which inecvitabley come to each of us. Mortality is a period of testing, a time to prove ourselves worthy to return to the presence of our heavenly father. In order for us to be tested, we must face challenges and difficulties. These can break us and the surface of our souls my crack and crumble, that is if our foundations of faith and our testimonies of trust are not deeply embedded within us. In the search for our best selves several questions will guide our thinking.... Am i what i want to be? Am I closer to the savior today then I was yesterday? Will I be closer yet tomorrow? Do I have the courage to change for the better? The years have come and the years have gone, but the need for a testimony of the gospel continues paramount. As we move toward the future, we must not neglect the lessons of the past. Remember that you do not walk alone. As you walk through life always walk toward the light and the shadows of life will fall behind you. As I have turned to the scriptures for inspiration a particular one has stood out time and time again. The word is ' Come" the lord said, " Come unto me " " come learn of me " and " Come follow me " I like the word come and my plea is that we would all come to the lord every second of everyday.


i love you all. The time here in hong kong is going way to fast! I am doing amazing. Finding tons of new investigators and loving each and everyday!


Love you all so much!
CTR!
SMILE
SMILE
SMILE
SMILE
Love elder wright

1 comment: