"I love this cute grandma."

"I love this cute grandma."

Thursday, November 25, 2010

BEST TURKEY DAY EVER!!!!!!!

From: Jeffrey Romney Wright
Subject: Thanks to the giving!
To: "Jolene Wright"
Date: Thursday, November 25, 2010, 3:57 AM

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

Its me elder wright haha and no they do not celebrate thanksgiving in hong kong nor have 99% of them even heard of it. Turkey ha no where to be found. nor mashed potatoes or rolls or butter or gravy or stuffing or apple cider or anything that has to do with thanksgiving. Haha but the mission did their own little thanksgiving with the best they could. It was a blast. Since the mission in so small we were able to see everyone and get everyone together from macau ( one of the other countries thats in our mission ), international ( english speaking part of our mission ), and hong kong ( the chinese work ). Its always so great to see everyone. We are now down to around 85-90 missionaries here in hong kong! crazy. My new companion is elder fogt from boston/ alpine utah. Hes way smooth and a hard worker. I have a lot to learn from him as i do every companion. Are investigators are doing great. Jason will be baptized after he meets with president chan. Haha he has to get interviewed with president chan because hes been in jail. But the change that i have been able to see in him has been dramatic, from a gang street fighter to helping us go contacting and teaching lessons all with in such a short amount of time. Miracle. Than Mary and her twin daughters. This will be quite a special baptism might i say. She doesn't want to be baptized in a font, so she told us she had a dream and it was about her place of baptism. She wants to be like jesus and be baptized in the ocean or a river. She has asked me to do her baptism and we have the most beautiful ocean area that it will take place in. It took a lot of asking to allow this, but its all great. I can't wait. Baptize someone in the ocean? so legit. haha and all of our investigators are doing great. i dont have much time or i'd type more about them. Kwun tong ( my area ) is so dang great. the people are so prepared and willing to listen to our message. This week has been full of miracles, as is every other week. One in paticular was last night. We were contacting and about to go meet one of our investigators to teach a lesson and we got a call from one of our less actives we've been trying to re activate. His name is HINHIN and hes about 16 years old and hasn't come to church for a long time, most of his life. Well we were walking to meet our lesson and we get a call. Earlier in the day i had a feeling to check and make sure i had my oil something that i usually dont think about, just assume its in my backpack. But i checked and it wasnt there, so i just got a vile and threw it in my pocket, i didn't know why. Hin hins mom called us 2 minutes before our lesson and said, elder wright this is hinhins mom, ( less active mom and family going through a hard divorce ) and i answered, she said i need you to come to my house and fast we don't know if hin hin is going to make it, his dad doesn't have the priesthood and i want you to give him a blessing. hurry and hung up. We were about 30 minutes away from her house and we just sprinted the whole time in our suits. It was blistering hot. and we got to her house and hin hin is just not looking good at all. looked like death had already took him. Before we gave him a blessing we talked to him about the importance of a blessing and how its dependent on the reicievers faith. and We gave it to him and told him so many crazy miracles. We opened our eyes and he starting talking, just mom bawling, just telling us how much she felt the spirit and knew that whatever happens thats what god wants to happen. Hin hin is doing great now. The only reason that he was able to return to 100% health is because of his faith. I know that faith is something that you hear about every sunday, something that 97% of you over look and don't take seriously. Faith is hoped for and not seen. With faith you can move mountains, with faith you can do as christ and his father can do, with faith you can do ANYTHING. You can heal the sick, make the poor rich, and bless those in need of blessings. I bear testimony to you if you have faith he will answer every question and concern you have. One thing that i have learned on my mission that i have to apply to my life, 24 hours of every freakin single day is never to compare yourself with anyone. He gives us trials and hardships to grow, not to feel depressed, not to be sad, but to make them into opportunties, to achieve the world, to become more like him, to be an example of christ, to develop a stronger relationship with him. He gave you all you have, to show you how blessed you are. We have so much to be thankful for. Right now i just want to say thanks to all my friends, all of them i wouldn't be here if it were for you. theres so many i dont even know where to start. you all have taught me so much, from every single one of you i have learned so much, you have helped me to grow, my own testimony and prepare myself to meet my father again. You are all so amazing and i truely thank you right now. I love you. i want the best for you. i wnat you to have happiness and success in life. i know that you can do that as long as you stay strong in the gospel and rely on jc and hf daily and constantly. they can help you get through anything! I next want to thank all my leaders and teachers in my life. There are a few that stick out in my mind as i write this letter, brother mihu! wow, he put up with my crap for a few years and he inspired me to become a missionary, to really live my life the way hf wants me to, he never pushed me, never forced me, but he was just my friend. day in and out, no matter what stupid things i was doing, he loved me, sister hales shes the best teacher one could have. she loved all her students and she wanted them all to succeed and she didnt care what any one else thought, she would die for her students well being, bishop larson, wow the worlds best bishop ,man i cant say enough good things about him. Reed noble, he always was a great friend to my father and through his example i learned how to treat my good friends and how i want to emulate my christlike love towards all. and theres so many more, but such a short time. all so amazing. if i didnt mention you. just know that i love you and you did change my life. Last but not least, my amazing family. I can't imagine living here with out them. they make me so dang happy. lauren lindsay my mom and dad. wow. i love them more than words can express. they are my greatest mentors in life, great examples. we clearly have the most amazing family on this earth today haha jk. but really. my family has loved me through out my whole life. constantly and i have no doubt if it werent for them i wouldnt be the man i am today. they helped me to find who i am and who i need to be. We went through trials together. We have so many amazing memories that i will never forget. Lauren shes always smiling and loves everyone, she really emulates christlike love towards everyone, she gets along with anyone and really knows how to handle a friendship knows what to say and when to say it, she is bomb diggity, lindsay if you ever need a laugh go to her, she can always make me laugh and lift me up, shes quite an amazing individual and can get through any storm that hf gives her, my mom wow she emulates every freakin christlike attribute there is, you all know how i feel about my mom shes AMAZING, my father the hardest worker i have ever met, he will do anything for his family, his love is like unto the saviors i have no doubt hed do anything for me. He honestly is the best man i have ever met, never will he give up, never will he stop, never will he say never. there is always a way with him it doesnt matter it can and will be accomplished. My grandparents, the wright, they are amazing, always supporting me in everything i do, they will do anything for me and i can rely on them for anything, both of them are so smart and have lived life to its fullest potential. Granmda romney hahaha i love her so dang much. my family is the best thing that has happened and will ever happen to me. It is the center of the message that we share and we are given these families to love, protect and grow together. lil fish keep it strong you are the bomb memories last a lifetime.

No comments:

Post a Comment