"I love this cute grandma."

"I love this cute grandma."

Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Wise counsel from a missionary.....

From: Jeffrey Romney Wright
Subject: Its December!
To: "Jolene Wright"
Date: Wednesday, December 1, 2010, 8:23 PM

Hello Friends and Family>

This week has been great and I've had some life changing experiernces that I would love to share with you.
Scripture of the week: Alma 37:6
"Now you may suppose tat this is foolishness in me; but behold I say unto you, that by small and simple things are great things brought to pass; and small means in many instances doth confound the wise."

Think of the temple.....Why do you go? What is your purpose? Think of your very first time entering the lords house. Imagine never having that opportunity. Never being able to do baptisms for the dead, an endownment session, let alone getting married and sealed in the temple. You are so fortanuate. I never realized how privlidged and honored we are to have temples so close to us. I, with out a doubt, took that for granted growing up. Hong kong is the closest temple for millions of members and hardly any of them will ever get the privalege to even SEE the temple. Yet most of us have one within an hour of our front door steps, if not less. WOrk needs to be done. Are you helping assist in the lords work? Do you realize how sacred it is to be so blessed. There are so many people around the world that would die to be YOU. Think about it. We hear stories of people working their whole lives, having 6 jobs or more, selling meaningful family items, doing all the can having an eye single to the glory of god, to make it to his house and most likely they'll never get that chance. You need to go for those that can't. It's up to you, no one else can. Satan can tempt you, but can't make you do anything. It's all up to you. You decide now, who will you serve today?

Less actives, there is a lot of them. Not just here in hong kong, but in your wards in america and through out the entire world. Most have been offened by a member whether its you or someone else in the ward, they were offeneded. ( not always the case but a high percentage ) What is your definition of a less active. I'll tell you mine. A less active to me means that this is my brother or sister, this is one of gods sons or daughters, He loves them as much as He loves me, they have a strong testimony that needs to be rekindled by ME or YOU. At one time, they felt the spirit of conversion and gods love for them individually, through lives trials their roots were not deep enough in the gospel to help them overcome lives hardships but I CAN AND WILL help them deepen their roots with h.f.'s help. It's up to us to rekindle the feeling they had at their baptism. Do you know whose less activie in your ward? Do you know why? If not, why not? The convenants you took out at baptism were that you would keep all of gods commanmends and strive to follow Chirsts' footsteps in EVERYTHING YOU DO. What do you think He would do and say to these sheep that have fallen off the path? Do you remember the story of the the 100 sheep and one stray? Well, theres a lot more than one stray right now.... Jesus left the 99 and searched for that 1. He searched until he found that 1. He did not give up, he brought them back to church and helped them along the way. He would shower them with all his love. As his repersestative ( you andIi ) you are to do the same, if not you fail indeed.

How many members do we have in the church?
How many are 100% active?
Less active?
WORK NEEDS TO BE DONE>
There is a big difference in the numbers when you take this into consideration. Its time to help all of our brothers and sisters come back unto Christ. But, they aren't going to come alone. They need a FRIEND. They need you. It's up to us, as members, to bring them back. To show them what they are missing in life. Christ loves them and needs them. It's upon our shoulders now. Its upon YOUR shoulders now.

If you don't walk as most people do, some people walk away from you, but I won't! I won't! If you don't talk as most people do, some people talk and laugh at you, but I won't! I won't! I'll walk with you, I'll talk with you, thats how I'll show my love for you. Jesus walked away from none. He gave his love to everyone. So I will! I will! Jesus blessed all he could see then turnded and said "COME FOLLOW ME." and I will! I will! I will! will! I'll talk with you, thats how I'll show my love for you!

It's as simple as that. We can emulate Christs' love just by talking and being someone friends, lending a ear for those that need some guidance, talking to those that don't have friends. We are all so different, yet all so similar. We all have trials to overcome, and we all have Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ to lean on at anytime and anywhere.

Hong kong this week has been spectacular. It's been a blast. It's always a rocky start getting use to a new companion and seeing how every companion does stuff so different. It's an amazing learning and growing experience. Lovin it so much. Elder fogt is great. Such a cool guys. All of our investigators are doing so great. We have 3 baptisms on December 12 and they are all progressing so much. Their individual testimonies are amazing. It's so amazing to look back at day one, up to now. What a blessing. The spirit of conversion is true. The holy ghost is true. He is their. Our language may not be perfect, we are trying our best to have the best language possible, but that does not matter because there is one language we can all understand and thats the language of the holy ghost. It can penetrate anyone. Thanksgiving was great here in hong kong. Its now december 2 and i cant believe at how fast time is going by. To fast. 8 months out in the field. Cant believe it. Slow down slow down. This week has been spectacular and im loving every second of my mission. I couldnt be more grateful. I love the people so much. I love the language, the food, the culture, I love everything. Never want to leave. I hope you all have an amazing christmas and happy new year. Really think about the meaning of christmas, who can you serve. I give you all one commitment because I can do that as a missionary. That commitment this year is. We have 23 days left until christmas, try to emulate Christs example and serve one person a day. Thats all and I promise you, that you will recieve so many blessings so many.
I love you all.
love
elder wright!

No comments:

Post a Comment