"I love this cute grandma."

"I love this cute grandma."

Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Hello everyone! 8 months left!

From: Jeffrey Romney Wright
Subject: Hello Everyone! 8 Months!
To: "Jolene Wright"
Date: Wednesday, June 29, 2011, 8:29 PM

As time comes and times goes, I have now been in Hong Kong for over a year, and that scares me. I feel as if I have just arrived and have my full two years to go. Knowing that I have the possibilty of two more areas, and maybe 3 more companions and 5 moves left here in Hong Kong, gives me that extra encouragement that I need to work harder then I ever have before. Time is such a precious thing. This week has been so much fun, we have had the amazing opportunity to have a summer missionary with us all week. He goes home tonight and thae things will be back to normal. His name is David Wu, he was from my first area that I served in here in Hong Kong, at the time he was studying in Snow College. I was very close with his family and his 4 other brothers. His family is amazing. I have to say that I have never really clicked with someone like I did with him. This week we had so many miracles, it wasnt even funny. He's very sarcastic and loves to joke around, but at the same time loves to work hard. Therefore we had so much unity which equals tremendous success. I'm going to miss the kid. Since moving from Kwun Tong the work has been a lot more difficult to be honest with you, we've had to work much harder, be more and more obedient 125%, and really had to give it our all. More than anything, we have had to rely on the Lord 110% of the time. This area has not had a baptism in 3 years, I can't tell you why, but I can tell you that we will be have 6 baptisms in the month of July and I couldn't be more grateful. We are baptizing a man by the name of Brother Wan, he has two sons on missions and his wife is the stake relief society president ( which is a huge calling in Hong Kong ), he has investigated for more than 30 years and never has had an interest to be baptized, having an eternal family, just no desire at all, he was fine dying as a buddhist. As I have been teaching him over the past few weeks, we have come down to it and finally found out the true reasons behind it, through repentance, meeting with the bishop, and figuring everything out, he is so excited to be baptized, he chose the date himself, giving him exactly one year from when his two sons come home, so the day that they return he can take them to the temple and be sealed for all time and eternity. Another investigator is named Tom, he is a 17 year old little punk student who is possibly one of the funniest kids I have ever met. He met with missionaries for a long time, but never showed up to appts, never prayed or followed through with any commitments, well through sharing personal expeiernces and meeting with him a lot, he will be baptized on July 10, and has introduced 2 friends to us to that we are now teaching. A change of heart, I think so. The Lord works in miraculous ways. Another man, is a guy that I found contacting named a-hohng, hes 15 years old and just golden in everyway possible. He's a stud and has been waiting for years to have this opportunity. There are a few more but right now these are the ones that came to my head. As I write about this, my eyes just got all watered up, thinking about how much the Lord loves these individuals, how he has blessed my life so much, by giving me the oppt to meet these wonderful new eternal friends. The people I meet on my mission and now my celestial friends, I'm so grateful for every single person I get to meet and get to know, the Lord has blessed my life so much. I love serving my mission and honestly never want to leave. I love the Lord and know through Him that anything is possible. We went from not having a ward, to bringing tons of less actives back to church, new investigators getting baptized and given callings, to just having an amazing powerful ward. I will never forget any of the expierences that I have had on my mission, they have changed my life forever. We, as missionaries putting together a Hong Kong EFY for those that can't afford to go to america to go to efy, ( which is 99% of all the members ) this is the first time that Hong Kong will have such an activity. We are all so excited and so are all the members. The youth of the church are so important, they are the future and more than any other time, they need us right now, this world is so corrupt and messed up, they need to know who they need to rely on, and how they can become the person they got sent down here to be. There is only one way they can firgure that out and thats through your example. Hong Kong is just getting owned day after day with rain and thunderstorms, so much fun, I love it. I'm doing amazing and really loving every second of my mission and so excited for these next few months and to see what happens. Go big or go home. Here is goes, bigger than anyone ever has. I love you all so much and hope you are doing missionary work as well. Hope that you are relying on the Lord for everything. Not upon your own understandings but relying and giving him your all. I love you and hope you are all still smiling!!!! Be happy and love all that the lord has given you.

No comments:

Post a Comment