"I love this cute grandma."

"I love this cute grandma."

Thursday, June 16, 2011

It's not easy.....

From: Jeffrey Romney Wright
Subject: hello
To: "Jolene Wright"
Date: Thursday, June 16, 2011, 12:19 AM

Hello everyone,
I'm so sorry recently that I haven't been able to get a weekly email home. It's been pretty crazy, and hectic over here in Hong Kong. The weather these days is off the walls, it's always just down pouring and so humid. I can't tell what is sweat and what is rain anymore, gotta love it. Over the past three months I have been able to serve with Elder Ng in Tai Po. It has been the best 3 months ever, we went from hating each other to best friends so fast. Together we learned so much, the main thing we learned is how to have the constant companionship of the holy ghost with us in all times and places. It's not easy, all it takes is one negative thought and op...... bye bye holy ghost. We together went through many trials and difficult times from one thing to another and we didn't think that those trials would ever stop, almost giving up a few times. But in the end, remember what it says in Alma 26:27. We need to bare all of our trials with paitience. How much greater is the joy in the end, than the beggining. Think about that for a second. The end of trial, the end of our lives, is so much greater than the beginning. The celestial kingdom or earth life? Which is better? The beginning of a trial or having faith and accomplishing a trial? We all have our own trials and problems, but when we do all that we can to overcome them, having faith at all times, and relying the rest of the time on the Lord, it is then that you are preparing yourself to return to live with Him again. I also recently read a talk from 2 conferences ago. I had to give a sharing. The talk is called, " What have you done with his name. " ( talks about the cow breaking out of the fence.. why was the fence there... why does god give us commandmants...) you know that talk and if you don't I highly suggest you drop everything and read it right now or re read it. This talk really hit me again. I've read it before, but never really pondered it and applied it to my life. Think about it, as members, when we were baptized we not only promised Him we would keep his commandments, go to church, love everyone, read the book of mormon, but we took on his name and as members we represent him. We also covenanted with him at the time of our baptism that we would bring the world his truth and we would show how grateful we were that he gave us this opportunity to partake of this one and only true gospel by sharing it will all to hear. As members you have a responsibility to share this message with everyone, a lot of you live in Utah and think how can I share this message with anyone here, they are all mormon? Well, there is plenty of ways. Share it with less active members, the retired and weak members that because of health and other issues aren't able to make it to church, relatives, there is people through out the world that would love for you to write your testimony in a book of mormon and send it too them, they are waiting for you. Are you doing all that you can to give the world his truth. I don't have much to say, except as members of his church, it's about time that you pick your game up and rely on the Lord for EVERYTHING.
In Hong Kong I now cover three wards and have a new companion, his name is Elder Palfreyman, he's from Orem Utah. He's legit. He's been out for about 2 months, so we have a lot of learning to do.. .Cantonese in paticular. We will be serving together for the next 6 weeks and then after that I will be having as we say in the mission field a " baby " a fresh greenie to train from the MTC. Should be so much fun and I can't wait. haha pray for him he's going to need it. Pray for me too, who are we kidding. I love Hong Kong more than ever right now. The miracles never stop. I can't wait to see you all next year and share them with you. I know this church is true and I know that Jesus Christ is the Son of God. That for all of u,s he accomplished and completed his atonement. That Heavenly Father is our Father in Heaven and loves each and everyone of us, He is aware of us and will answer every prayer you say. He loves you. I love you. Joseph Smith and Thomas Monson are prophets in these latter days. Listen to their counsel and it's then that you will be the happiest you have ever been. Just smile and take it one step at a time. One foot in front of the next. In chinese we say "maahn maahn haahng". I love you and am always praying for you! Have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment