"I love this cute grandma."

"I love this cute grandma."

Thursday, June 23, 2011

Typhoon season is among us.....

From: Jeffrey Romney Wright
Subject: hey
To: "Jolene Wright"
Date: Thursday, June 23, 2011, 2:55 AM

Hey hey hey everyone! We just got back from the mission home and we have picked ourselves up a summer missionary. He's a stud. He's 19 years old and from Yuen Long! My first area, his family is amazing, he just returned from Snow College last month. He will be serving with us for the next week! So exciting! This summer we won't be having a lot of summer missionaries because of the educational changes that have been happening here in Hong Kong, a lot of the student (members) will no longer be having a summer vacation! So be grateful you do! Therefore, the miracle of the day is only one summer missionary came into the field today and we are the lucky elders that got him! It's going to be a great week, I'm really am just thrilled out of my mind to have another breathing soul in our lonely apartment! Haha, It will be amazing. This week has gone by quite fast might I say. It's been my first week covering these wards, and my first week with elder Palfreyman, its gone by pretty smooth! The previous missionaries in the area never updated the records. So when we are meeting and teaching all these individuals, we really just have to rely on the spirit to know what to teach and how to help them. It's been so amazing to be able to see and feel the guidance we have recieved through out this week. We have met a lot of new investigators as well. Having so many miracles along with it! I don't have much time tonight I've been trying to figure out how to send my pictures home because we took so many this week. But, I just can't figure it out, so I thought that I would write a quick email. Really quick so that you have something from me! In about an hour we have to start our night and start teaching. We have a lesson every hour until 9, so we are really busy, what a blessing that is! We also had our first typhoon of the season yesterday and another one of the way. Right now it's still raining and really windy. Typhoon season is here and it's not leaving for awhile. It's been a blast, but at the same time, very hard to do missionary work because usually people can't leave their houses due to the weather. Ernest, Lambert, Mark, and Jason were all able to visit this last saturday. What a joy that brought to my life. Recieved the priesthood, been to the temple, still reading and praying, I couldn't be any happier. Mark told me he is now preparing for a mission, I hope that Ernest will as well! I know that Ernest reads these emails so yeah buddy, pick up your game. Ernest is stud, he's like my little brother here in Hong Kong, always here to support and help me out. He's the man, I love him so much. I love all the people here, we are making so many new friends and teaching so many great people right now, I just absolutely love seeing how the gospel changes every single person and how different it is for everyone, myself included. This week I've really focused on how I can become a better person, where can I improve, and how I can become a better tool in the hands of the Lord. It all comes down to, how much do you love the Lord and our Savior Jesus Christ? Do you see all that they have done for you and me? It's when we realize all that they have done for us, that we will have a desire to be like them. Loving and serving everyone. There are so many people ( golden investigators ) out there in the world that are waiting to hear this message and they are waiting for you to share it with them. Be that person to change their lives, they will be eternally grateful for you. Share it with all to hear, work colleagues, school mates, neighbors, people on the street, family members, EVERYONE NEEDS IT. I hope that this week you can be the person, the son or daughter that Heavenly Father needs you to be. Never give up, always rely on Heavenly Father, He will guide you! He loves you. I love you and hope and pray that you will have a great week. Ask Him to help you continue to develop your testimony and faith, to give you more missionary opportuinites, because if you aren't sharing this gospel with all to hear, you are breaking the commandments everyday. Therefore repent and start keeping the commandments, 100% of the time! SMILE! Alma 37: 34-End of the Chapter. Be grateful for what you have, not what you desire and want. You need to take a step back and look at what you have compared to so many others. Starting with the opportunity to wake up this morning and breathe fresh air.......
love elder wright!

No comments:

Post a Comment