"I love this cute grandma."

"I love this cute grandma."

Thursday, August 25, 2011

Beyond amazing....

---- Forwarded Message -----
From: Jeffrey Romney Wright
To: Jolene Wright
Sent: Thursday, August 25, 2011 5:47 AM
Subject: Weekly Yehhh

Hey it's Elder Wright, and I am doing beyond amazing. Today was just one of the best days I have had at the temple since being here in Hong Kong. My summer missionary asked if I would do baptisms for the dead with him, we regularly as missionaries are not allowed to do this. So I sent my companion up to do an endownment session and went forward with my summer missionary to go ask if I could join him. The temple president said because no one else could do it, that I would be able to go with him. We were able to give so many of our ancestors this wonderful opportunity to accept this gospel into their lives. As I was baptizing Brother Yihm ( benjamin ) the spirit was so strong, and as I took him into the water, every time I was able to witness the smile on the persons face up in the spirit world and feel of their love and how grateful they were for worthy members to be able to give them this blessing that would now allow them to enter into Spirit Paradise. It just made me really remember how important the work that happens through out temples in the world really is. For the past year and a half I have done an endownment session everytime and as each time comes and goes I seem to get more sleepy and sleepy every time. But today was special. I really came to realize the importance of this work. Therefore I remember why I was doing this work, and who I am doing it for. We represent them, do you remember your first time, the feelings that you had? The spirit that burned strong with in the chambers of your heart? That's what we need to feel everytime, as we do it for them, their first time. What a blessing it is for us, to help these celestial beings keep progressing on their way. Sometimes we forget why we are here, what we are to do, who we are to become, and how we can accomplish all that Heavenly Father has in store for us. Let us remember we are down here on his time, to represent him and do all that we can to help our brothers and sisters, his children, to prepare to return to him once again. He is counting on us. He is counting on YOU!
This week has been just fantastic. Miracle after miracle, has just come into our lives. We first of all, have the most amazing summer missionary, I'm so grateful for the opportunity Heavenly Father has given to the young men and women here in Hong Kong to be able to serve with us, full time missionaries, not only does it give them an opportunity to grow and learn, adapt to the missionary life, but 100% of the time it molds us missionaries into powerful, effective tools in the Lords hands. I have learned and grown so much with each summer missionary I have had and I love them all so much. The youth here in Hong Kong are unlike any other youth in the world. They are so strong. All of them are the only members in their individual schools and not only do they stand strong, give impecable examples of christ like love to all, THEY INVITE ALL TO COME UNTO CHRIST, they share their testimony, they aren't scared of what others think because of how new the church is over here, they know that EVERYONE needs an opportunity like they had to partake in this heavenly message. They know that if they dont give it to them no one will, that in the afterlife their friends, classmates, family members, work collegues, and others will come up unto them and ask them why didn't you tell me of what you had in your life? They don't want that, and they know how to share their testimonies. I just love the youth over here and am so grateful for all that they have taught me, it really has had a large impact of my life.
This week we have had one large miracle that I would love to share with you. So I want to share with you all the little miracles that lead up to this large, life- changing miracle. To start, I have my toes, my finger nails, my nose, my eyes, my sight, sense of belonging, my own personality, my health, fresh air to breathe, the book of mormon, this amazing gospel message to share with all, a man named joseph smith, my savior, redeemer and brother, Jesus Christ, my Father in Heaven, Thomas S. Monson, other church authorities, other missionaries through out the world and here in Hong Kong, music, the bible, the restoration, the plan of salvation, my house, my food and money, and so much more. All this leads up to the amazing miracle that I have to serve here in Hong Kong, to serve right now in Dai Po and Tai Wo. About three months ago as I served with Elder Palfreyman I remember a night in paticular that we were contacting on the streets, getting rejected and rejected and rejected and went home miserable and happy, including every other emotion that comes with rejection feeling like failures to our Father in Heaven. We gave out a lot of materials that night, but did not recieve any phone numbers or names. Well, on monday night I got a call from a member saying there is a young lad at our church right now that has a pamphlet with your name and number on it and wants to talk to you. So Elder Wu, Benjamin and I run to our church thinking who could this be. We get there and the first thing he says is sorry. We were all so confused why he said that. So we go inside to give him a tour of our beautiful chapel and to continue to talk with him. He says 3-4 months ago when I saw you I was having a horrrible day, I wanted to die. You gave me the plan of salvation pamphlet and your number, you made me laugh because your chinese isn't that great and you are funny. Sorry I rejected you then, but I've prayed liked it taught me to in the pamphlet and God told me this is what I need in my life. So we have been teaching him every day for a week now, he will be baptized in two weeks. It showed to me, that there will be a lot of rejection in our lives, whether it be in missionary work, or our real jobs, our children or schooling, there will be rejection. But it's always for a reason, it's apart of the plan, and Heavenly Father has promised us, if we continue onward ( endure to the end ) then He will continue to guide and bless our lives beyond our wildest imaginations. I know that heavenly father is there and he is aware of all of his children. He loves us all so much and just wants the best for each and every single one of us, what if I wasn't worthy that night and today, would KAY still be alive today? Are you worthy to represent him and to help those in need? What does endure to the end mean to you? How can you better your life so that it's more pleasing to our father in heaven? HE IS COUNTING ON YOU>
All of my investigators are doing great, I love them all so much and would do anything for them. They are what is keeping me going, they are the reason I am still here today, they are my inspiration, my motivation, my drive, they are what keeps me breathing from day to day. What is yours? How can you keep developing your testimony? The best proven way is to SHARE it with others. You may feel inadaquate to share your testimony thinking, " its' not strong enough," or " my testimony is not worth sharing, it's really just too simple and not complex like all of the other members of my ward or stake. " I promise you some one right now in your life is counting on you to share your simple testimony with them, they need to hear it so they can know how to keep progressing to recieve an eternal family and return to live with him again. My area is great, I have now been here for almost 6 and a half months, it's really long, at the same time it's amazing. I have gotten to know my members on a very close relationship and have been able to gain their trust in missionaries and have a desire to help and love us. What a joy it is to work with them. My comp and I are doing great. It will be interesting to see what happenns with move calls in 2 weeks. I love this little guy, he has just improved and become the most amazing missionary ever. All my recent converts and investigators truely are my life right now and I love them. I know that this work in which we are doing is that of what the Lord has in mind of us to do. I know that he calls upon the " weak and unlearned to thrash the nations with the spirit ," because I am weak and I am unlearned, but at the same time I know with the Lords hand in my life, I can do anything.

No comments:

Post a Comment