"I love this cute grandma."

"I love this cute grandma."

Thursday, April 7, 2011

One year anniversary and turning "20."

On Thu, 4/7/11, Jeffrey Romney Wright wrote:

From: Jeffrey Romney Wright
Subject: hey gang! haha probably dont send this one. i have a huge head ache. sorry. i cant think.
To: "Jolene Wright"
Date: Thursday, April 7, 2011, 1:08 AM

Hello everyone!
It's been another week here in Tai Po and it has just flown by! I can't believe how fast time is going. I have been on my mission for a year now and it feels like I just left the mtc. It's been the most amazing year of my life. I have learned and grown so much. I have had trials from health to investigators and miracles from being able to recieve names to find, to giving families the opportunity to be together for eternities and its all a part of the road that the lord has given to me. I'm so grateful for this past year and all that He has given me, it hasn't been easy, farthest thing from it, but you know I have loved every second of it! Because I know that the lord is with me twenty four hours, seven days a week, he won't leave me ( he won't leave you) because I am his son ( you too are his son or his daughter ) and I know as long as I'm doing my best, He is with me and with Him I can do ANYTHING! The past year started out rocky in the mtc, not knowing if I had a testimony, if i had enough faith to go on a mission, not knowing what in the world was going on with my health, not knowing anything pretty much, except for the fact that I was a lost sheep. As I endured those hard times of not knowing what to do, how to do it, and where to go, I learned that sometimes it's the trials that He gives us that He is showing his love and concern for us. Because I know if I didn't have those trials I wouldn't be the missionary I am today. I'm not saying I'm an amazing missionary in anyway, I have a lot to learn and a lot of areas I need to improve in, but I know that because of the trials that He has given me, He has showed to me at that time, He was concerned for me, that He loved me, He wanted me to learn from them, and make it so that I can be who I am today. He gives us trials because he wants us to learn, prepare to return to him, and to share that with others to help them prepare themselves. So from the mtc and my wavering testimony at that time, I can say that I have overcome that trial because I relied on my Father in Heaven. I promise to all of you that He listens to every single prayer, He is waiting for you to pray more to Him, He loves you and wants to help you, you need to talk to Him constantly and rely on Him so He can help you. My testimony of prayer is so strong because if I couldn't pray I don't know where I would be today. haha I can't think at all right now, sorry everyone but, you a;; know I'm trying to say is that He loves you. He is aware of you, He wants the best for you. For the first 8 weeks of my mission I will honestly tell you I didn't want to go. I had no testimony, had no desire to gain one either, it was the hardest thing ever for me, it sucked, but as time went on, and is still going on, I have come to find my savior my brother, my father, and their divine love for every single one of us. They are aware of you, they want to help you, you need to make sure you are doing your best so that you can recieve all his blessings! I can tell you today that my testimony is probably stronger than any of yours hahaha jk, but really it is. I know with Him anything is possible. I love Him so much and am so grateful for Him and all of you. Thank you for all the birthday wishes and letters. You are all amazing. Keep up the good spirits and rely on Him. Well my brain is about to explode right now, so I love you all and promise a better email next week. Sorry I can't finish this one. Raging head ache haha, need to get out of this computer center before I kill someone or punch the computer. sorry la. love you. Not to mention how incredibly gross the keyboard is that I'm having to type on! Half the keys are sticking and it's hard to type.

Elder Wright

No comments:

Post a Comment