"I love this cute grandma."

"I love this cute grandma."

Thursday, May 19, 2011

Hey there!

Hey there!
It's Elder Wright, how is everyone doing this fantastic week? I hope just great. This week we have had mission conference, visits from apostles and ward conference. It's been a really busy week, and I have learned so many new things. I really am loving every second I have out here in the field and can't believe how fast time is going by. I have 10 months left and I am not too happy about that. I feel like I just started my mission yesterday. I love Hong Kong and people here, it is like home to me now and I hope with these last ten months that I can do my best to change it for the best.. I hope that I can work hard and show to my Father in Heaven that I am so grateful for this opportunity that he has given me, to serve here among my brothers and sisters. Elder Ng and I are doing great. Over the past few weeks we have had our fair share of disagreements and we don't even know why. We thought, maybe it could be the culture, or even the language, maybe even our personalities, but as time goes by, we have found out that it has not been any of those problems. Because the culture, I am Chinese, so come on, thats forsure not it. I speak well enough in chinese and he speaks well enough in english, so that wasn't the problem. Personalities, well we are both really chill, so there is nothing there that could have caused these problems, so we decided to fast and pray to ask Heavenly Father to help us overcome these problems and trials. Because we know that even if you have the smallest amount of contention in you companionship ( such as a mean thought, disagreeing, not having faith towards eachother, not being able to rely on eachother, or just thinking you can do everything on your own, not giving them opportunites to serve you, etc ) it is then that satan is your third companion and the companionship of the Holy Ghost is not with you anymore. Just like marriages or friendships, if you want to have success and if you want to have Heavenly Father guide you in every step, then you need to make sure that you are always trying your hardest to love everyone and always have the comp of the holy ghost with you. It is then that you will be happy and so will your family and friend, it is then that h.f. will answer all of your prayers and guide you to know what you need to do, or how you can overcome your trials and hard times. We know that the world is going to get worse and worse, but as long as we are doing our best, reading the scriptures daily and listening/following our prophets advice and words, by these small and simple things great things are brought to past. So never give up. We all have trials and hard times, most of the time we do pray and ask h.f. how to overcome them and you may think He's not answering me, why? Are you doing your best to do what he has asked you? He talks to us every 6 months through our prophets and everyday through the scriptures, are you taking advantage of those opportunities? I hope that you are. because it really is the biggest blessing we have in our life today. I love you all so much and love serving the Lord even more. I hope you can all serve missons to expierence the joy that I am right now, it's unlike anything you will ever come to feel or know. Never give up on yourself, always have an eye single to the glory of God. He loves you and wants to guide you. You are all amazing and all his sons and daughters, live in a way that He will respect you, that he will be proud of you and grateful for all you have done. Serve everyone and love everyone for who they are, love them for their mistakes and bad decsions.
love e wright

No comments:

Post a Comment