"I love this cute grandma."

"I love this cute grandma."

Thursday, May 26, 2011

"A MUST READ FOR EVERYONE."

rom: Jeffrey Romney Wright
Subject: hey!
To: "Jolene Wright"
Date: Thursday, May 26, 2011, 2:38 AM

This week in Hong Kong, I have learned so much and seen a huge change. Recently, we have had two general authorities come and visit us here in our mission. The first being Elder Holland and his wife, and the second being, Elder Bednar and his wife ( As well as 6 members of the quroum of the 70 haha, all in one week, so yes they re-centered us in a way that made us all have a desire to hit it up from 2nd gear to 3rd gear). What an amazing expierence we have had to listen and learn from them. They have given us insights on how we can become better missionaries, members, friends, brothers and sisters, parents, and what we need to do to prepare to return to our fathers presence again. I forgot my notes to be quite honest with you, but promise next week I'll bring them and will tell you what they said. I can't wait to tell you. I haven't been able to stop thinking about it, it is something in which I will never forget, especially Elder Holland. I get the chills just thinking about it. As he started talking, one of the first things that he said was referring to us missionaries, " I swear if any of you even think about leaving the field, I'll find you, I'll hunt you down, I'll capture you and I will make Clint Eastwood look like a boy scout." Haha I thought it was quite funny. I died laughing none of the hong kongers got it, but I sure enjoyed it. He talked about how important the work is and how everyone should be preparing to serve. He said if you have ever even thought about serving or considered it or are thinking about it right now, you need to start your paper work. The need for missionaries is high and the lord is counting on us. He talked about special experiences he and sister holland just had in the middle east that will change the church, but wouldn't tell us what happened or is going to happen. So that has us all thinking!! He went on to talk about investigators. He said do you want your investigators to keep their commitments, do you want them to pray better, read more, continue to develop their testimonies, and do their best to keep converting, well YOU are heavenly fathers investigators and he wants you to do the same! Went on talking about the power of the holy ghost and how many members and missionaries think they can just do everything on their own, well they are wrong. He gave it to us for a reason, to be our CONSTANT companion. These are just a few of the little things that he shared with us, just wait for next week, you will want to go crawl up in a ball and never leave the house. Then the following day we had an opportunity to do a "question and answer " with Elder Bednar, he did a great job and really helped a lot of the members here in Hong Kong. They are in the beginning stages here in hk and needed the answers and help that he offered. At the end, what really shocked me was when we bore his testimony, he stated the same like over 6 times in a row, saying, " I have witnessed Jesus Christ and know that He lives and that He has a resurrected body, I have witnessed..." that is pretty unbelieveable. Then the quroum of the 70s gave talks throughout the week to and did an amazing job. It was just a spiritually uplifting week, that was in great need. I have learned so much and can't wait to share more with you all next week.

"Unfortunately, from time to time we also hear of Church members who become discouraged and subsequently quit coming to and participating in our Church meetings because they think they don’t fit in."
Is this you? Do you feel like you don't have friends or you're just different then everyone in your ward, or stake, or primary class, or sunday school class... do these feelings make you not want to go to church? If so, they are of satan, and you are loosing the battle. The real question is why do you go to church? Is it to socialize or thank h.f. and jc for ALL that they have done for us. President Holland Said, " that the saddest group of people in the whole world is the less active lds members. They are the most pathetoic people out there." don't let that be you for the worng reason. Don't let yourself get put into that category. Be strong and remember you are h.f. investigator, you need to keep improving and converting to the lord. What is the true conversion? and Have YOU been truely converted? Ask yourself...
With this in mind, let our hearts and hands be stretched out in compassion toward others, for everyone is walking his or her own difficult path. As disciples of Jesus Christ, our Master, we are called to support and heal rather than condemn and criticize. We are commanded “to mourn with those that mourn” and “comfort those that stand in need of comfort.” True love requires action. We can speak of love all day long, we can write notes or poems that proclaim it, sing songs that praise it, and preach sermons that encourage it, but until we manifest that love in action, our words are nothing but “sounding brass, or a tinkling cymbal.” Christ did not just speak about love; He showed it each day of His life. He did not remove Himself from the crowd. Being amidst the people, Jesus reached out to the one. He rescued the lost. He didn’t just teach a class about reaching out in love and then delegate the actual work to others. He not only taught but also showed us how to “succor the weak, lift up the hands which hang down, and strengthen the feeble knees.” Christ knows how to minister to others perfectly. When the Savior stretches out His hands, those He touches are uplifted and become greater, stronger, and better people as a result. The lord has given us this opportunity to have our families, our friends, houses, cars, education, a prophet seer and revelator, this gospel message, our AGENCY, and this time to come to earth. Our brother has came and atoned for our sins, has given you and I an opportunity to return to His presence again, and all that he asks you to do is, " love thy lord with all the heart." Why did he ask us this? Why is this the most important commandment? Because it is when we love Him with all of our heart, that we try our best to follow him, keep all of his commandments, and have trust in him that what ever he has ever said, whether through the bible ,bom , prophets, or any other source that we are willing to do whatever it is, because we know that He wants the best for you and I. He loves us and knows us individually, this week I have been beyond sick, but not once did I ask why because I knew He loved me, I knew/know that He had and still has a plan just for me, Elder Jeffrey Romney Wright, He knows what I need and where I need to go, He knows what I need to go through and what trials I need to overcome, He knows everything I need to do in this life so that I can reutrn to live with Him again. He has a plan for each of us, never ask Him why, accept everything in your life and instead of asking why, ask Him how can I learn through this trial? How can I serve others, when it is I that needs to be served? How can I live in a manner that I can have your constant guidance and direction so I know what I need to do and how I can do it? Never change who you are for anyone or anything. It doesn't matter what others think, I had a phase early in my mission, when I went out on the streets I was scared to talk to others because I didn't want them to judge my horrible Cantonese or make fun of me for my outfit or for being Mormon and trying to share this crazy message about a boy who saw God and Jesus with them. I was critical and really cared what others thought of me, but it doesn't matter, because at that time in my mission I had no success because I was stuck in the world, it was when I realized that all that matters is what our Father in Heaven thinks and wants me to do, thats when my mission changed and I changed. FORGET what others think and go to work. I go on the streets now and talk to all because I know this message to be true and that Jesus Christ is our savior and redeemer, that he atoned for me and my sins and loves me, and he did that for everyone else as well. I don't care if i can't speak the language or I'm not the most fashionable missionary, because I know this gospel is true and I want others to know. I want to be able to give everyone an opportunity to change and have true conversion within their lives. It's up to you and I to change the world, where do we start, with ourselves first, be humble, meek, lowly in heart, have faith and a desire to serve and love everyone. Be who h.f. made you to be, change not and love everyone for who they are. love as Christ and h.f. love everyone. We have a message to share, we have a plan to give, and lives to change. We don't have much time to do this and give all an opportunity to accept this gospel and really embrace it into their lives. Let's work together and do our best to serve and love ALL of our brothers and sisters!
If we are His hands, should we not do the same?

have a great week! love you! Elder Wright!!

No comments:

Post a Comment