"I love this cute grandma."

"I love this cute grandma."

Thursday, March 24, 2011

Starting a new area in North Hong Kong.....

From: Jeffrey Romney Wright
Subject: Re: Let the computer stalking begin.....
To: "jolene wright"
Date: Thursday, March 24, 2011, 8:59 PM

Hey, i'ts Elder Wright, and boy has a lot happened here in Hong Kong, new companion, new area, moving across half the world ( well maybe thats what it felt like because my suit cases each way 200 pounds a piece. haha bless my heart, every other missionary has a suit case normal sized and then a carry on, well I have 3 extra large suit cases and 2 carry ons, no joke... haha so yeah moving was quite the adventure since I moved as far as I could away from civilization, just imagine it, me Elder Wright 14 billion areas, with all my suit cases on 3 trains, 2 boats and a trolly all in one day, quite the image! Everyone around me was just stunned, including the new companion that barely speaks english and weighs about the size of my left pinky toe, haha ). So leaving Kwun Tong was possibly one the hardest things I have ever done in my whole life. The friends and family I have there are people that I will never forget and hope that I will always have contact with. They are all so amazing and have changed my life in the most dramatic way. I love them all so much and miss them right now more than anything. As missionaries, we are not allowed to call people and members from our previous areas, because the Lord has given us a new area to focus on, so..... I can tell you this is going to be a huge trial of my faith. Just relying on the Lord to take care of them and relying on Him to do everything in his will for them, I have the faith he will take care of them, because I know how much I love them all, I can't even imagine how much He loves them. I can call all of my recent converts once a move, well I have already failed, because Vincent, Mary, Marc, Tyron, Lambert and Harry have all already called me. Few emails from a few of them saying, that if I wasn't going to teach them and be there with them, then they will no longer come to church and hear the lessons, so I ask all of you just to pray for them that they will continue listening and developing their desires to come unto Christ and be baptized. I know that each of them is so different, but the amazing thing is that this gospel, this message can bring anyone together no matter what language you speak, what cultures you grew up in, where you were born, what color your skin is, if you have money or don't, this message makes anyone feel like they have finally found a home, where they can get away from the world and make friends that really do love them and support them and that have a desire to help them. I know that the past 6 months I have spent in Kwun Tong I have made so many amazing friends that I will never forget, they are not only my friends right now, but my friends for all eternity. They are people that have changed my life, that have helped me develop my testimony and faith, and desire to serve with all my heart, might, mind and strength. I'm so grateful for all you that have helped me, especially all of you in Kwun Tong right now. Know that I love you and will never forget you, I will always pray for you, and maybe i'll sneak out of my area and visit you soon. p-day? probably. My last companion, I have to tell you was amazing. Elder Fogt and I had so much fun, more fun then I have ever had in my whole life, and not only did we have a blast, but we also had so much succes and so many miracles. I'm so grateful for him and all that he has taught me and shown to me. I know that I at the beginning was pretty hesitant to serve with him, I know the Lord knows who we need to be with because we will learn something from him, it may be hard, but its beyond worth it. I learned so much from him and love him so much. He called me last night just to see how it was going up here in the north and I can tell you the relationship we have is like that of brothers, and because of that relationship and the unity we had while serving together, thats why we had success. It all starts with your desires and then your companionship desires. From there anything is possible. Vincent is the man! He's doing so amazing, recieved the pristhood and soon will be going to the temple. He's a stud. I miss him more than anyone ahah, he's my best buddy here in hong. Enough about the pas,t lets talk about whats going on and what my future looks like. Well tuesday night came around and every tuesday before moves day ( which is always on thursday ) we have move calls, so Elder Fogt and I met with our district of 18, and we usually play a game to find out where we are going, and who are new companion is, well we played the game and not to many changes were happening, alot of companionships were staying the same, then I won and they said, oh Elder Wright, we can't tell you anything, you have to call President Chan in the morning, yeah what, thats not normal. Almost just jumped off the 8 floor of the building.. haha I just wanted to know so bad. Well the morning came and I got a call from the big dog, he said, Elder Wright, how are you? Do you know where you be going Elder Wright? No president, not the slightest idea, well you have a special calling for you , did you know that Elder Wright? How would I know that President? He laughed, he said Elder Wright I need your help in expanding Hong Kongs mission and making a new ward, so you and Elder Ng ( new companion, he is from Hong Kong we started our missions at the same time ) will be starting a new area, we have never done this so its going to be hard, but I know if anyone can do it, Elder Wright, its you, I have faith in you and so does your Father in Heaven. I will give you the address of a new apartment and some keys, you need to find people, make a ward, baptize, and go to work. beep beep beep. Well thanks President Chan ahah and where do we start? Well thats what I'm doing, I will be in the very north of Hong Kong, starting with nothing opening a new area up, starting with no investigators or anything, haha I'm so stoked I am just smiling so big right now. Today is the first day and I can't wait to get out there and talk to everyone. My companion is a stud. He's a small little thing, but his testimony is unlike any other. He's amazing. So I'm excited to serve with him. So excited. One problem is his english is ok la. haha So I'm hoping he can help improve my wonderful language of Cantonese, that most people just laugh when I speak. The best part is I just laugh with them. haha. Well thats it for now I got to run. But I love you all so much. haha pray for me I'm going to need it.. big time. love you all so much. ctr. and go to work. Have faith and anything is possible. Serve everyone. Love everyone for who they are. Read the bom daily, so important. keep em commandments and listen to the words of the prophet.
love elder wright

smile. be grateful for all you have.

No comments:

Post a Comment